List of all Courses Offered in MAUTECH & its Faculties. This article provides the full list of courses offered in Modibbo Adama University of Technology. With this article, all candidates aspiring for admission at Modibbo Adama University of Technology will easily know the next step be taken for their admission regarding the courses offered in the school.
The History of Modibbo Adama University of Technology
Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola formally known Federal University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa state Nigeria was established in 1981 by the Federal Government of Nigeria to provide the much needed technologically skilled manpower for the nation. It is one of the Federal Universities recognized by National Universities Commission (NUC) to offer Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in different fields of Science and Technology. The University’s first set of 108 students graduated in the 1988/89 academics session. The University was merged to University of Maiduguri in the 1984, when it became the Modibbo Adama Campus (MACUM), of University of Maiduguri. However, in 1988, it was de-merged and granted full autonomy with the name reverted to Federal University of Technology, Yola. In 2011, the then President and Commander in-Chief, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR approved the change of the University’s name to Modibbo Adama University of Technology, (MAUTECH) Yola, effective from 1st October 2011.
With students’ population of over twenty thousand , the University runs undergraduate and postgraduate programs in seven schools namely: School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT); School of Environmental Science (SES);School of Management and Information Technology (SMIT);School of Pure and Applied Sciences (SPAS); School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET);School of Technology and Science Education (STSE) and School of Postgraduates Studies(SPGS).
Why courses are approved and unapproved for Modibbo Adama University of Technology
The courses offered in Modibbo Adama University of Technology were approved by the Federal ministry of education, with structure and modality the school management board had put in place to promote quality learning.
There are courses that are are yet to be introduced and offered in the Modibbo Adama University of Technology which the structure and modality have not been made for their programs.
Concerning the new additional courses that is yet to be introduced into Modibbo Adama University of Technology curriculum, when it is officially approved, we will get you notified.
The reason why courses are changed for students by the school board after admission.
- Because of the poor grade obtained in the O’ level key subjects of the applied course.
- Because of the candidates poor cut off marks.
- Because of the poor post utme score obtained by candidates.
- Because of the rate at which candidates scored above others in the post utme exams, the candidates with lesser score are usually screened to offer few sub optional courses.
- Poor performance in school can also lead to a change of course (department).
List of all Courses Offered in Modibbo Adama University of Technology.
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING:
- AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL SCIENCE AND RANGE MANAGEMENT
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- CROP PRODUCTION AND HORTICULTURE
- EDUCATION /MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS EDUCATION
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE:
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- MATHEMATICS WITH COMPUTER SCIENCE
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- OPERATIONS RESEARCH
- PLANT SCIENCE
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SOIL SCIENCE
- STATISTICS EDUCATION
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
- TECHNOLOGY AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING: