List of all Courses Offered in FUTO & its Faculties. This article provides the full list of courses offered in Federal University of Technology, Owerri With this article, all candidates aspiring for admission at Federal University of Technology, Owerri will easily know the next step be taken for their admission regarding the courses offered in the school.
History of FUTO
FUTO, as the Oldest University of Technology in Nigeria, was established in 1980 by Executive fiat with the composition and appointment of the first provisional Council by Nigeria’s First Executive President, Shehu Shagari. It became the first of three such Universities set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria who sought to establish a University of Technology in each geo-political region and particularly in a State which did not have a conventional University.
On November 28, 1980, in the premises of the Old Government Technical College (GTC), FUTO opened its doors to staff and students.
In January 1982 the Imo State government approved a permanent site for the University. FUTO engaged Messrs Concarplan – Enplan Group (a firm of Consultants) to design the physical plan for the University.
Why courses are approved and unapproved for Federal University of Technology, Owerri
The courses offered in Federal University of Technology, Owerri were approved by the Federal ministry of education, with structure and modality the school management board had put in place to promote quality learning.
There are courses that are are yet to be introduced and offered in the Federal University of Technology, Owerri which the structure and modality have not been made for their programs.
Concerning the new additional courses that is yet to be introduced into Federal University of Technology, Owerri curriculum, when it is officially approved, we will get you notified.
The reason why courses are changed for students by the school board after admission.
- Because of the poor grade obtained in the O’ level key subjects of the applied course.
- Because of the candidates poor cut off marks.
- Because of the poor post utme score obtained by candidates.
- Because of the rate at which candidates scored above others in the post utme exams, the candidates with lesser score are usually screened to offer few sub optional courses.
- Poor performance in school can also lead to a change of course (department).
List of all Courses Offered in Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- ANIMAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CROP SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- CYBER SECURITY SCIENCE
- DENTAL TECHNOLOGY
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE TECHNOLOGY
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORENSIC SCIENCE:
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE TECHNOLOGY:
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
- METALLURGICAL AND MATERIAL ENGINEERING
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- POLYMER AND TEXTILE ENGINEERING
- PROSTHESIS AND ORTHOPAEDIC TECHNOLOGY
- PUBLIC HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- SOIL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING: