A woman, Pauline Mugure is nursing serious injuries after her husband allegedly burned her with a kerosene stove and boiling soup.
The woman who got serious burns from the incident that happened in September 2016 says she cannot get further treatment because doctors are on strike.
She further said she could not afford private hospital fees.
The 20-year-old said her husband burned after he saw a text message from another man in her phone.
"He had come home with meat and while I was cooking it he took my phone and found a text message in which a male friend had invited me for a cup of tea."
"We quarreled and after a few minutes he picked the stove, threw it at me and it exploded on my upper body."
The mother of one was then taken to Thika Level 5 hospital and later referred to Kenyatta National Hospital, where she remained in a coma for almost a month and a half.
She said: "When the strike started [on December 5 last year], I was discharged and asked to go heal at home."
Consolata Muuru, a good Samaritan who lost her daughter to domestic violence, came to her rescue and said she will take her to MP Shah Hospital.